airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Trane Touch Screen thermostat TCONT802AS32DA the

Customer Question

I have a Trane Touch Screen thermostat TCONT802AS32DA the indoor temperature has a 5 to 6 degree difference versus a thermometer that is just a few feet away that is the thermostat is reading the current temperature at 65 degrees but the independent thermometer is reading 60 or 61. Why is there that much of a differential?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Lee Traxler replied 1 year ago.

Have you looked behind the thermostat to see if it is sealed up well behind the thermostat? It may drafting through the wall.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

5 to 6 degrees is quiet a bit. There is an offset in the setup menu that allows a few degree either way to be displayed. You might want to check to see if someone may have set that. To do so, enter setup menu and scroll down to option 0700.See chart below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at home right now to check the set up menu and reading your directions I am not quite sure how to find out if the thermostat was set up with a degree difference.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you are home and I will be glad to guide you.