Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The burner not igniting?
, the thermostat is good no

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** the burner not igniting?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the thermostat is good no switches are bad wiring good the surface ignitor glows the gas valve has pressure coming from it seems ok ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll have to get back with u unable to pay a fee thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Can you check for power to the gas valve with a volt meter for 24 volts when the ignitor is glowing?