Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a furnace that I have tried to set the fan on the

Customer Question

Customer: i have a furnace that I have tried to set the fan on the thermostat to auto. I refuses to go to auto. Instead I have cool air and then hot air blowing form vents. Temperature is being maintained
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: also if i remove thermostat unit everything shuts down. I put thermostat back in place Pins are not crossed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

If the auto /on switch will not go to Auto, you will probably have to replace thermostat.What is model on thermostat?