Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off, waited, and turned it on again. It started and read "in recovery" mode. It worked. But then later in the day, it stopped again. Now I can't get it to start. No messages on the thermostat.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off, waited, and turned it on again. It started and read "in recovery" mode. It worked. But then later in the day, it stopped again. Now I can't get it to start. No messages on the thermostat.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked the board inside the furnace for power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power to the furnace. The LED display on the furnace indicated that the pressure prove switch is open. I turned off the system to see if it would reset after a wait. It didn't work. Any other thoughts here?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the pressure switch to see if it is bad?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Also does the exhaust fan start up and run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exhaust fan starts and run, but when you ask me if I have checked the pressure switch is bad ... how would I possibly know that??? Aren't you supposed to be an expert here. If I knew how to check for a bad pressure switch, then I wouldn't be asking for help on this site. Ridiculous. I would like my money back. So far, all you've done is send me questions. This is hardly worth a dollar, let alone what the charge is.Also, if you need more information, then provide all of that in a single response.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will submit this for a refund for you since you are unhappy already.