Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Trane TZEMT400BB32MAA thermostat. I have set the

Customer Question

I have a Trane TZEMT400BB32MAA thermostat. I have set the schedule so that it should stay at 71 degrees during the day and go to 60 degrees at night. The same setting for all 7 days. The problem is that it stays at 71 degrees day and night and I don't know how to correct it. On the screen, above the left button it says Sys Off, Fan Off, Run, and Menu. Above the next button to the right it says Auto Mode. Above next button it says Auto Fan. Above the button on the far right it says Run and above that it says 71H and 77C.
Any suggestions how to make the thermostat follow the Schedule that I entered? Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Are you hitting the RUN button after setting the schedule?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After I program in the schedule and repeatedly depress the Done button (the far left button) until it goes back to the normal screen, the right hand button still says Hold. So I depress that button until it says Run. But the scheduled program never seems to activate and the heater is keeping the house at 71 around the clock.By the way, I have 3 zones in this house and 3 Trane thermostats. I have tried to program one of the other thermostats but get the same problem.

I am going to open this to other experts for ideas.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.