Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Cant get my thermostat on after changing the batteries :(

Customer Question

Customer: cant get my thermostat on after changing the batteries :(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have the thermostat model number- RTH23OB i think it was in the 'off' position, i know the batteries are brand new, i flipped the breaker box switch that said 'furnace', i checked the switch by the furnace, i didn't see any loose wires(?)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long do i have to wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

This could be a furnace issue. What do you have for a furnace (brand and model please)? what prompted you to change the batteries?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it was the battery connection points. they weren't touching the batteries so i had to manulally adjust them by pulling them out to get a good connection. thanks anyways
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

You're welcome and thanks for using Just Answer