Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Is my name, my furnace p322016 won't turn on with

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** is my name, my williams furnace p322016 won't turn on with thermostat, was working yesterday. I was reading a previous cust and you ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: heater won't turn on, you had him remove thermo wires tthen twist together?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Connecting the leads on the R & W terminals on the thermostat together will bypass the thermostat. It's the first step in troubleshooting. If that doesn't work then the next step is to go to the furnace and jump the R & W terminals on the furnace thermostat terminal strip.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
nothing happens when I put the wires together, should the heater go on?
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Yes the furnace should start up. Next move to the furnace shut the power off and jump (connect with a piece of wire)the R & W terminals on the terminal strip where the thermostat leads connect. Be sure the blower compartment panel is securely in place after you jump R & W or the furnace won't run. Turn the power back on. Does the furnace respond?