airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My trane 90 stopped igniting, low battery signal on the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my trane 90 stopped igniting, low battery signal on the thermostat , replaced them still won't start circulation fan runs and thermostat says heating
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thermostat says it is heating, there is a flashing red light after a few tries at ignition
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Try turning power off and back on to furnace to reset board.Let me know if it still does not work if you have flashing lights on furnace control board and pattern of flash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing, red light is on all the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
red light is on all the time., the motor is running, sounds like the ignition wants to kick in but nothing happens
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Does motor still run with thermostat off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor turns off when thermostat is turned down
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK if you call for heat does the small vent motor come on and will igniter or burners light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vent motor runs ,, soon after a click but no spark and no ignition no gas smell
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok can you give e complete model on furnace (label above burners on side panel) and tell me if you have glow bar or spark igniter.See below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trane 90 model tuc 0608 936ao
s/n e 36642428
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If igniter is not glowing look closely and see if it is broken or has a burned spot on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the glow bar started to glow, i have ignition and it is running,not too sure why. does the surface of the glow have to be gently cleaned. i ran my fingers over it to check and that is about it . i have
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

May have had a slight amount of carbon built up. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.