airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Im ***** ***** my service tech said my control panel needs

Customer Question

Customer: Im ***** ***** my service tech said my control panel needs replacement. I realize it's Sunday & a guy is going to the wharehouse to open & get me a 50E47-070 model. The cost to me is going to be $510. Am i getting ripped?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Igniter goes on and no gas. The tech checked all the connections, and 33volts going to the control but only 8 volts going to the gas valve . He said it needs 24 volts to trigger the solenoid to open & allow the gas to the burners. Is he right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long? i don't want to be on this when he returns.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

The board sells for about a hundred bucks wholesale.Normal mark up by contractor is 100 per cent.

500 seems a bit rapish!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it was out of line.

Definitely. I can see as much as 300 being after hours and he may have to pay a small open up fee at supply house, but at that price he can stay home Monday.If you would like to question him, you can show him the following link of the 50E47--843 which is a relpacemnet for the board

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=50e47-070%20replacement

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your response was RIGHT!!
I Googled the make, model #, part # ***** ebay had 20 units brand new & was selling it for $87.00. I was definetly getting ripped off @ $510 With a $175 fee to open up on Sunday. Thanks for your service. Good job.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.