BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I need a new thermostat that is compatible with a 1985 York

Customer Question

Hello, I need a new thermostat that is compatible with a 1985 York air handler.
Model Number N2AHD06A06A. Can you recommend a Honeywell thermostat that is compatible. We have heat pumps.
We replaced the analog York thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7600 but cannot get the EM Heat to work.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

did you program in menu for heat pump with backup heat? and is there a wire on E terminal

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not install it. And will have to check but should this model work with that air handler

yes it will.

This thermostat just needs to be "told" what it is controlling and in the set up menu tell it that it is a heat pump with back up heat.

But short story is ...yes...this thermostat, installed correctly and programmed correctly will work fine.