BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

We are having problems with the furnace. It was not working.

Customer Question

Customer: We are having problems with the furnace. It was not working. The person came and pressed the reset button and cleaned it. It worked for almost 2 weeks before it stopped again. I pressed the button and it worked for 15 minutes. The next day it was off again but now the reset will not work. No one is in the building full time, I go to check on it day to day. I am not confident that the same person can fix it since we are still having a problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a Lennox J-533723 Furnace(oil) Burner OHP31-10, Firing rate 1.35, Model OF7-189S. After he came the first day it did get to 60 degrees, but because no one is there everyday, I am not sure how long it was down until I started checking daily. I pressed it this morning and it did not stay on for more than 15 seconds before turning off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.