BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a comfortmaker FBF075B12G1 model. Last year the unit

Customer Question

Customer: I have a comfortmaker FBF075B12G1 model. Last year the unit would not ignite the flame, blower would come on the the ignitor would not work. I cleaned the ignitor unit with steel wool and all seemed fine. This year it started doing it again, however; it required cleaning about every other day. So I decided to replace it. I ordered part number ICP(###) ###-####but received part NUMBER Q3451U. It appears to be exactly the same with one exception. When you mount the unit in the furnace it is backwards. The hood was on the right hand side with the old part and is now on the right hand side with the new part. Will we explode if I turn the unit back on :)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: definitely, just ask
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

hello,

can you post a pic with the unit installed so we can see correlation of pilot to burner?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Picture 1 are the two units side by side, picture two show the mounting bracket attached to the new unit and positioning the hood on the wrong? side, and picture three show the mounting bracket attached to the old unit and the position of the hood on the correct? side. Sorry but couldn't get a picture of the unit mounted in the furnace, not enough room to get camera in place.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
billy i am just going to send it back

sorry...but I cannot safely determine operation without seeing its position to flame spreader/burner.

I wish you the best