Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 33 code on my Carrier

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a 33 code on my Carrier furnace. The furnace will not start as a result.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2 issues. My Carrier furnace was reading a 13 code "Limit Circuit Lockout". The limit switch had tripped. I reset it and everything was working "okay". The furnace would run, but not distribute heat throughout the house well. We could get to temp, but the furnace would run non-stop due to low air flow out of the vents. I checked the blower fan by turning off the heat and cool switch and placing the fan into the on position, instead of in auto. The fan was working, but when we placed it back into heat mode, shortly afterwards, it was displaying the 33 code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 33 code is also a limit code. It sounds like the problem is inadequate air flow which is causing the unit to overheat. I assume the filter is clean so you could have a clogged AC coil if you have AC or possibly the blower wheel is slipping on the blower motor shaft. When you put the thermostat fan switch to ON is the air flow any better than when it's set to heat?