airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My furnace starts working, it turn on the flames then when

Customer Question

Hi my furnace starts working, it turn on the flames then when stage 2 came it stay on for 5 seconds and then it turn off. It happen one more time and then it stops
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If furnace is not coming on, there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sanded the flame sensor, and it is working probably now. Tks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Properly!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Excellent. Just let me know if you have any more problems.I am here most every day if you need me. After rating you can follow up for 30 days at no additional costs.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.