airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

, I have a Honeywell T8000c series thermostat. All I

Customer Question

Customer: Ken ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Honeywell T8000c series thermostat. All I want it to do is wake at 6:45 am to 74 degrees and change to 68 degrees at 10pm.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already entered my credit card just couldn't sign in; finally got temp pw how do I go back to sign in as I was #2 in line - this is very confusing
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

First make sure time and day are set properly

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

See link below for setting time and day

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Then set wake temp to 6:45AM and 74 degrees

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Then scroll down to Sleep and select 10PM and 68

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I see you have requested a phone call. There is an additional fee of 18.00 for the phone call.If you have no problem with being billed the extra 18.00, I will be happy to call you. Otherwise we can continue here at no additional fees as long as this takes. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I want to do is get rid of ALL the programming I have erroneously entered and be able manually to put the heat temperature to 74 when whenever I wake up; then when I decide to go to sleep, set the heat temperature to 68.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I understand, Were you able to follow the directions I sent ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not understanding me and I am getting so frustrated. This is taking too much time. I said I want to reset ALL programming and set times when I want to MANUALLY!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have re read all of our posts back and forth and up until last post I see nothing stating that you wanted to change or clear all settings. To do this you will need to select each new time and schedule as explained on pages 9-12 in manual.There is no just "Clear ALL settings" button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think there is a techie named Jason who has helped me previously. Can I work w/him?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out and we can see if Jason is available. Good luck and hope you get this all figured out.Thanks for letting me work with you to this point.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to inform you, I have been manually setting my temperature for the past 8 years. It says you can do this on page 12 in manual, Setting Indefinite Temporary Hold". I just can't get it to work now.