BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Chappee Oil fired boiler, which has a connection

Customer Question

I have a Chappee Oil fired boiler, which has a connection for a two wire Siemans QAA 70 room stat and controller. I am trying to wire up a Honeywell Wireless thermostat, using the BOR91A relay. I have powered it up and proved that the controller and the relay can see each other and work, but I simply cant work out how to connect the two wires to the boiler so that it functions as expected. There are two terminal blocks in the relay, labelled N-L-L and A-B-C. and a wiring diagram in the instructions together with a picture of two pairs being wired up to N and L, and A and B, so I followed the picture. The boiler is expecting a low voltage signal, and displays and error when the relay is activated. I suspect that the relay may be sending the wrong signal - what have I done wrong??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.