BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Can flexible tubing be inserted through headers into cold

Customer Question

Can flexible tubing be inserted through headers into cold air returns (between walls) in order to reverse the flow of air from my furnace? Right now the warm air comes in at the ceiling and cold air returns on the floor. I know that's not the best way but that is the way the contractors installed it when I didn't allow for vents under the slab. I have a geothermal unit and plan on replacing the unit in the near future. I'd like to reverse the mistake that was made by using cold air return spaces to put the warm air in, and the ceiling ducts to return the cold air. Is that possible?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.