Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****:
, I have a two story home built

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a two story home built into the side of hill with a lower level walk out. Each level is heated with a Rheem Classic Quiet 80 furnace. The upper level unit heats the entire upper level. the lower level just heats my office and a storage room. The upper level furnace is extremely quiet during it's on/off cycle. However the lower level unit sounds as though it has a loose panel or motor mount. It's not a squeel it's a rattle..These units are 10 years old and have never given us any problem. Each unit is a combo heat and A/C.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. Not an issue. Can you give me a time frame? Do I wait for an E-mail from you or do I have to leave my computer on this site?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning Kaylee

I am Kevin. Could you tell me the model # ***** your furnace?