Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

On June 7, 2013 we had a Trane 4ycy4036 XL14C installed.

Customer Question

On June 7, 2013 we had a Trane 4ycy4036 XL14C installed. This is my problem, if I turn the thermostat to 68, the unit will stop heating at 65 or 66 degrees. In order to continue heating to 68, I have to turn the unit off and wait a 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on. We had the company that installed it come out and he replaced the Oem pressure switch. That did not solve the problem. Any ideas?
Thank you very much,
Kathleen Regalado
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Next time it quits heating before setpoint, go up to the unit, check the board for an LED flash code. Count the number of flashes before a pause and let me know what the code is.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

These are the codes you will look for:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is on the roof and it's raining so I will not be able to check that unfortunately.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, well that's OK, question will remain open. Once I know the code, it will tell me what's going on with the unit.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find anything?