Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

My name is ***** *****. I have a Lennox G40UH-36-070-01 gas

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a Lennox G40UH-36-070-01 gas furnace that makes a horrible growling noise at the combustion air inducer that kicks on first when the thermostat calls for heat.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now it runs and growls horribly but the furnace doesn't kick on Noise appears to be coming from the fan on that unit. Has a slow flashing green led light on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

It sounds like your inducer blower wheel is in process of self destructing. It's best to replace the inducer fan as an assembly (that's the way it's meant to be done). Click Here for a source for your inducer assembly for a very reasonable price. Click Here for a great You-Tube video of a technician doing the replacement. FYI, it's not a horrible idea to replace the inducer fan airflow proving switch at the same time while you have everything apart. If you're reasonably handy, this is a pretty simple repair.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian