Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

York 90 no heat in auto mode doesn't turn on in on mode fan

Customer Question

Customer: york 90 no heat in auto mode doesn't turn on in on mode fan blows but no ignition
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: york 90 gas furnace walked in house cold went down stairs, unit doesn't fire up unless in on position smells something burning when i switch to fan on, it turns on but doesn't ignite don't hear clicks thought it might be ignite
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have someone coming out tomorrow but if it's something simple i'd like to get it fixed
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

. Will furnace ignite if fan is in ON position

2. Are there any error codes on board on furnace

3. Will fan stay running without slowing down or smell in ON mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 flashing lights, believe it's the pressure switch, if i touch the two wires together bypassing the switch, the furnace lights,
can I just connect the two wires until I replace the switch, is it safe, looked at two hoses and they were clear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
furnace will not light in on position
yes fan stays running in on position
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I can not tell you leave switch bypassed as it is a safety issue,Have you checked drain to make sure it is clear and no water standing in those hoses and checked vent to make sure here are no blockages?