Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have two Baldor reliance super E motors Cat no. 85600H12

Customer Question

I have two Baldor reliance super E motors Cat no. 85600H12 that are supported by two VFD. both burnt up after 24 hours of use.
Are these pumps approved for VFD?
The electrical voltage is 208V if they were wired for 460v could that have been the cause?
Or am I looking at improper programing on the VFD's?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

The Baldor Super E motors are all rated for use with VFDs. If the motors weren't wired for the proper voltage they would certainly burn up. If the drive was programmed correctly, the motors shouldn't have burned up at all. VFDs are the best protection there is for a motor when properly programmed for the motor(s) they're controlling. I would certainly start with ensuring the wiring was correct for the voltage and that the drives were the correct voltage and KW for the motors. Then I would focus on the programming of the drives.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian