airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Honeywell SV9520... I've got a furnace 80% gas that will not cycle. The light flash

Customer Question

Honeywell SV9520...
I've got a furnace 80% gas that will not cycle. The light flash status shows a heartbeat light which means normal operation. With a heat call the furnace dies nothing. No error codes. Inducer motor doesn't get 120v out of the valve. I have jumped heating termanals to eliminate t-stat problems and nothing. All role outs and limit switches are closed. I disconnected a lead of from the pressure switch and nothing. Yesterday I picked up a new gas valve I stalled it and same thing nothing.
Without inducer motor power isn't coming out of the valve. Pressure switch is open.
Any ideas?
I'm a hvac self employed contractor. Just out of ideas on this call.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.
I am like you. I suspect bad valve if not getting voltage to inducer and you have proved pressure switch is open and limits are closed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just got of the phone with the homeowner. I told him a new valve is around $359 and that's just a new expensive unreliable valve. I informed him the smart valves are junk so putting that much money into an old furnace doesn't make sense. He agreed and I'm installing a new system tomorrow. Thanks
Smart idea and best thing they can do.I agree with you 100 per cent on the SV.I am here most everyday if you need me I am a licensed contractor with 40 plus years in the field, just yell at me if I can ever help.Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.