Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an Weil MClain Utra 2 155 gas fired boiler .. We lost

Customer Question

I have an Weil MClain Utra 2 155 gas fired boiler for heating.. We lost power the other day and after reseting the unit it is only heating up to about 152 on the outlet with the return to 102. Once it heats to 152 it then backs down to 130 in a minute or two then starts to fire right back up to 152. It is constantly doing this short cycle.
wro
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

What is the temp outdoors? do you have an outdoor sensor hooked up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is hooked up, outside air is was less than 20F when this started. still doing it now but the max temp on unit now is around 40. I have been able to verify that both of the feed pumps are working and if I should close the water valve to the unit the temp goes right up to over 160deg. then as soon as I open it it start to drop.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer