Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I am replacing the inducer draft motor on a Lennox

Customer Question

I am replacing the inducer draft motor on a Lennox TGA060B2DH1Y 5-ton 3 PH rooftop unit. The new wiring harness has four wires. The former model has three wires. The part came without a schematic. Would be able to offer assistance in the proper way to wire this? Thank you!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What is the part number of the replacement inducer you got? Also, can I get unit serial number, please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The unit serial number is *****The replacement part number is: 602107-01 Comb Air Blr 2SP
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

There seemed to be an issue with your credit card. At least that's the message I am getting. Can you try again?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They just approved a charge for $32.00. I thought the amount was supposed to be $18.00?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, my credit card company flagged this as fraud.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

You requested a phone call and there is an additional charge for that.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Did you want to continue without the phone call?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please call
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

I can call, but you need to accept phone call request and have your payment clear. I keep getting a message that "customer's payment didn't clear" and then I can't get phone number, etc from you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not know why you are receiving that message. May we just continue with written support?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

You might want to try a different credit card?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I only have one credit card. It shows an approval went through for $32.00. Again, may we just proceed with written support?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hmmm, strange. OK, so it looks like they sold you the wrong part. You should have gotten part # ***** This is a 4 wire inducer assembly. CLICK HERE.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

I was rereading your original question. Are you saying the new inducer assembly came with 3 wires?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Per my very first message, it is a four-wire harness. The existing has three.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

OK, hang on a bit. I'm going to check with Lennox tech support. Did you get any extra parts in the kit such as another wiring harness? I also see that it should have come with a relay.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, that is not what I am saying.The original motor has three wires.The new wiring harness has four wires.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

I understand that. But what I'm asking, is did the new inducer motor assembly come with extra parts? Because I'm thinking there is an instructions sheet that should have come with it involving some changing of the wiring. See here for the motor assembly you apparently have. In the picture it shows a harness and relay. I'm on the phone right now waiting for tech support.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the harness came with and as previously stated, the schematic was NOT included. This is where my perplexity comes in. How am I to wire a four-wire harness to and existing three wire? I called our distributor and they pulled the other three motors they have in stock and NONE of them contain instructions either. I was on hold for Lennox tech support yesterday for over an hour and at 4:00 received a message stating the office is now closed and was disconnected. I have now been on hold with them this morning for an hour and a half.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hang on a minute. I'll have it for you.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Busy day down at Lennox.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Us contractors get a lot quicker help!LOL

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Here is the wiring instructions, and installation instructions.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you got these attachments OK, otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.