Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My Carrier infinity thermostat has a blank screen

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

It sounds like the furnace or air handler connected to this stat has lost power. Some things to check: is the blower door on securely? Power switch to furnace ON? Breaker not tripped? Also, most furnace boards have a 3 amp fuse. Check and see if this is blown?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked everything except the furnace board fuse - where would this be located? However I don't understand why any of this would effect display on thermostat. Does it get its power from the furnace?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, it does get power from the furnace. The board would typically be in the blower compartment of your furnace.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Did you locate and check the fuse?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.