Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm ***** ***** and my issue is regarding my furnace. Go

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** ***** and my issue is regarding my furnace. Go figure. It stopped working last evening. It does this occasionally, like once in 3 years. I did what I have always done that works every time except this time. I turn the furnace off at the furnace controller, wait 5 minutes or so and then manually relight it ... problem solved. Not this time. Ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what? Tell me what you want to know. More info on our setup: We use Hunter Model 44260 automatic thermostat. I've never had to touch it before, nor did I this time I suppose I didn't either, but I reset it, time/day and programs. As I suspected, no impact on the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is this "team of experts?" Did I catch them at coffee break?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

I'm sorry you had to wait. This happens occasionally when none of the experts are online. Can I get make and full model of your furnace? This will help me in the troubleshooting process.