Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Why is my Goodman furnace not getting gas to ignite?

Customer Question

Up until yesterday the Nat. Gas Furnace worked fine. All other gas appliances in house work fine. Downstairs furnace works fine. When the T-stat calls for heat, the blower starts, the igniter glows hot to start burner but there is no gas coming out to ignite. There is NO gas smell. I took the lower door off, the red indicator light stays lit solid, no blinking...It's clear that it is fuel starved...just not sure why?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

You need to test for 24 volts at the gas valve when the igniter is glowing. If you have 24 volts and no gas, no ignition then the gas valve is suspect, if you don't have 24 v then you either have a bad connection between the valve and the board or the board is suspect.