HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My trane xr80 is showing a fast normal call to heat flashing

Customer Question

Hi, my trane xr80 is showing a fast normal call to heat flashing light, but still not staying on for more than a second or two after igniting. I've cleaned the flame indicator twice, once with a dollar and once with a fine sandpaper. I've rebooted and still not staying lit. Any help is appreciated!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Either the flame sensor is defective or the board is bad and not reading the sensor. I would replace the sensor first and then the board if it still is doing that. Sometimes cleaning the sensor does not work if it is bad. Also check the wiring from the sensor to the board for any breaks.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks