Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

When you say jump the w and r terminal, do you mean pull

Customer Question

Customer: When you say jump the w and r terminal, do you mean pull them off the thermostat and connect them together or do you men jumper them while they are attached to the thermostat?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oh shoot sorry, I was reading an old post about a weather king alliance 2 furnace that is not putting out heat. and I was following some 3 year old advice you gave some one for testing if the thermostat was bad.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, do I get a UA discount?:)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this first lets start with what your actual problem is? is the furnace not working?