Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

THM5421C no output to 1-2-3 Com terminals
, i was

Customer Question

Customer: THM5421C no output to 1-2-3 Com terminals
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was moving my honeywell TS from one wall to another and upon reconnecting it will not power back on thinking I may have shorted out the Honeywell EIM
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Chances are the EIM is ok. It's more likely that the fuse or low voltage transformer on the heating or cooling unit the EIM is powered from is blown. You should check for 24 volt ac power on the transformer in the unit that sends power to the EIM on terminals R and C below the U terminals on the EIM. If no power there then you should look at possibly a control fuse in the air handler or furnace that's being controlled or if no fuse, look at the transformer itself.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian