airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

, Last year I had another of your techs look into my

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Tim.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Last year I had another of your techs look into my problem and just came up with "check the "txv". I am really looking for more specific suggestions on my problem, so if you can provide them fine otherwise I think I will have to call around to find a local tech with experience with my Rheem units.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have 2 , two ton Rheem air handlers and 2 bryant compressors, I can email you the model info etc from all the units. My problem is only in heat mode, when the air handler starts you hear air flow only, then after about 20 seconds I get a pulsing humm or whine that gets louder over the next couple of minutes and then is constant. We can hear the hum over the sound of a football game in the living room. And in the bedrooms. The noise stops as soon as the compressor shuts off, even though the air handler is still running. If I can email you the data sheets could you confirm that the air handlers and air compressors are compatible? I am not in a big hurry but need to get a good nights sleep asap.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

It appears this is same question that you have already done troubleshooting on back in February.Looks like you never accepted the answer as expert was not paid for time helping you troubleshoot and that question timed out.The answer is going to remain the same until you have a technician diagnose and determine whether the txv is the issue or not. Let me know if you have done so and if not when you do what the results are.

If expert is correct ,please rate accordingly. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.