airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a thermostat. Model 1F80-261. I cannot get the heat

Customer Question

I have a white Rogers thermostat . Model 1F80-261.
I cannot get the heat to turn on. I changed the batteries burstill no action.
I believe the programming is messed up it was on hold so I pressed run but it did not go.how can I clear all programming and start over just based on temperature?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you put the thermostat on hold then set the temp where you want it will/should maintain the temp you set it at. If your heat won't come on there's a pretty good chance this is a problem with your furnace not the thermostat. We can do some troubleshooting if you want to track down the cause. Clearing all the programming will just reset the thermostat to the factory default settings. Leaving it on hold will cause it to function just based on temp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok on hold and still not running house temp 66 setting on 72
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Would you like to do some troubleshooting? if so I need the brand and model of your furnace (or boiler). Also if you have a multi-meter that will help but there are a few things we can try without one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Furnace model Trane TWE037E13FB1
Electric heat is strip heat only not reverse cycle
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I don't ave access to Trane specs so I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting on a response for 7 hours now, what is going on?My furnace fan runs when turned to ON but will not come on when I use AUTO.The electric heat strips do not turn on at all either Set ON or AUTO.The air conditioning worked 3 weeks ago but I have not needed it since.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Lets first determine if issue is with thermostat or furnace.To do this, Remove the R and W wires at thermostat terminals and connect the wires together and lets see if heat comes on.If so issue is with thermostat.If not we will concentrate on furnace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the thermostat. Working now.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Excellent .Thanks for letting me work with you on this and for following up.