Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have blank screen on thermostat
, No battery in

Customer Question

Customer: We have blank screen on thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No battery in thermostat but screen is blank. RObert Shaw 300-201 is the brand
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Is this a gas furnace or heat pump/electric. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gas

If you can get furnace open blower door and check the 5 amp fuse on the furnace board. It will be a yellow 5 amp auto type or a purple 3 amp. Chck that first. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will be just minute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a commercial type pack unit (not sure why they put it in this house we bought). Where would the blower door be?

The furnace board will be behind pant tha covers the blower, Should be located bhind door mounted to fan houses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we found the door and the board and could not find a fuse anywhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to take a picture and send?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached are pictures of inside the blower door

Need to check fuse on board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can not find the fuse on the board. Can you see from picture where the fuse is to help us find it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went back out again and looked and can not find it. My husband changed the thermostat. Could that have done it? Is there something you have to do to reset it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Sorry cut off at 10 CDT. If he changed thermostat he may blown fuse or transformer. Does not take much to blow transformer only a short touch of wires. In the middle of picture you have a red and blue wire coming off transformer. Check the red wire and see if you have an inline fuse. If not you have blown the transformer that the wires are connected . Replace transformer. Russ