Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Heil oil furnace 1993, will run and heat and fan blows but

Customer Question

Heil oil furnace 1993, will run and heat and fan blows but then after it shuts off at set temp it will not restart after house cools.... Will work if burner reset is pushed and run through the heat up but then not restart when cooling house needs it....
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have to push the burner reset to get it to fire it then the burner probably needs a tune up. When was the last time the burner was serviced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two or three years
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'd suggest you get the burner tuned up. It really should be tuned up every year, 2 on the outside. If you're a mechanic I can walk you through a tune up but you won't have the test equipment to properly adjust the burner. The test equipment costs over $1000