Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rhoney
, I have a carrier weathermaker 9200 that is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Rhoney
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a carrier weathermaker 9200 that is cycling it comes on runs for 5 to 6 minutes and cuts off Then it comes on again in 5 minutes and does the same cycle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Furnace runs for 5minutes and cuts off then comes on again in 5 minutes and then cuts off is thes cycling normal?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In the past 30 minutes the furnance has cycled on and off 3 times
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Have you tried cleaning the flame sensor?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Lets try that first. The flame sensor, which may look similar to this sits in by the burners and can be taken out with one screw and the metal rod portion shined up with some steel wool or emery cloth.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Did cleaning the flame sensor work?