BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a 2 year old toyotomi 180 oil miser. Tuned up a few

Customer Question

i have a 2 year old toyotomi 180 oil miser. Tuned up a few months ago with a trusted burner guy who has one in his home as well. About 1 1/2 months ago, the yellow warning light came on. Turned out, the waterblock filter was full and also frozen. Replaced and things were good until a few days ago. There is definitely visible water in the bottom of the above ground 300 gallon fuel tank. Frozen, of course. Estimate by a friend who is a fuel delivery guy to be about 1-2 gallons when it thaws this Spring. In the meantime, i replaced the waterblock filter and bled the fuel line. Definitely getting fuel to the intake now but when i attempt to start the 180, there is a different loud deep noise that sounds as if something isn't quite right. Then, when the startup/ignition is attempted, the yellow light immediately comes on. Not sure what to do next. Seems like there could be something damaged from lack of fuel?????,
btw, i now have a silicone battery heating pad wrapped around the 596-5 Goldenrod waterblock filter per the suggestion of the same fuel delivery guy, to get me through the winter until we can remove the water from the fuel tank. Water contamination likely from the lack of gutters on the building for two years. They are now in place but only since August of this past year.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

I apologize your question has not been picked up yet. I just logged on and saw the question still open.

If you still need help use REPLY.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When all else fails, i tend to put things in "time out". Maybe everthing needed to thaw longer, but as of about 5 hrs ago, it stayed running. Crossing my fingers.

you are correct...the heater is not a high temp wattage. It is made to maintain heat...so when frozen it takes a while for that heater to get things "loose". You are likely in the clear now...

Billy