airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a York Affinity 2 stage heat pump. I'm not satisfied

Customer Question

Hi...I have a York Affinity 2 stage heat pump. I'm not satisfied with the blower speed when
it is in the high mode...it blows to strongly causing it feel like a cool draft on your skin.,,very
uncomfortable in cold weather. Can the blower speed be reduced in the high speed mode?
I would almost like to try it just on the low speed all the time, realizing it would run for longer periods of time. Look forward to your reply. Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you provide model on indoor unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry...I'm not at home right now so, can't get you the model. Can I reply back here when I get home and find it ?

Absolutely. Model will help me identify unit as blower is controlled in different ways from unit to unit.Some by moving wires and others by changing dip switches.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model # ***** AVG48D3XH21CA
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Looks like the speeds can be varied by changing jumper settings on speed taps. For different choices see link below