BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a jotul F 118 woodstove. it has outside air and came

Customer Question

i have a jotul F 118 woodstove. it has outside air and came equipped with secondary burn tubes. those tubes no longer function and i'm having difficulty removing the 'rear plate outer' to try to see what's going on/clean out the tubes (?) i have removed/loosened 5 fasteners on the rear plate (can't seem to get the 'cone' out in the center) but the plate will not let go. i'm afraid that my sunday project might turn out to be a disaster if i force it. the tubes have not functioned for some time. when i approach the dealer, he smiles and shrugs his shoulders. if you have suggestions, i would appreciate hearing from you. thank you.
walt, seldovia, AK
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I apologize your question has not been picked up yet. I just logged on and saw the question still open.

If you still need help use REPLY.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually, i haven't gotten anything from you folks yet. if i retyped my question, could you understand it better? i put all my tools away after waiting all afternoon and started a fire (after all i live in alaska), and composed and sent a letter to jotul, USA, in ME. that was 2 days ago. so at this point, i'm waiting for their reply. i had never heard of your organization and i'm not impressed. please don't bother with an answer. thanks anyway. walt sonen