Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

IS MY NAME. just installed a lennox oil furnace and it wont

Customer Question

Customer: DAVE IS MY NAME. just installed a lennox oil furnace and it wont fire to even bleed the system. it has power to the control panel and i can hear a slight hum when the power is turned on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what details are you looking for
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you tried hitting the reset button? What is the model number of the furnace? do you have a multi-meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model # ***** 85 Lennox elite. I do have a meter. I own an automotive shop so I should have all the tools we need
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did hit the reset button and made sure the fan spins free
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I'm not having any luck finding specs for this model. We can give it a go or I can open this back up to my colleagues who may have specs. Let me know what you want to do. If you want to continue I need to know what you have for a burner ignition control and what happens when you hit the reset.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Beckett burner the Lennox model # ***** ***** 140 psi
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I still need the brand and model of the ignition control on the burner and what if anything happened when you hit the reset

Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

If you can't find the ignition control model give me a picture of it. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button