Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rick, My name is ***** *****. I have a totalline themostat

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Rick, Hi, My name is ***** *****. I have a totalline themostat that goes blank occasionally but comes back on in a couple of minutes. Today it has gone blank and not returned to show current temp, or to let me turn up the heat. it's cold outside here in Idaho!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, it is getting really chilly in the houseand the thermostat isn't working.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try this, turn the power off to the furnace then connect the leads on the R & W thermostat terminals together then turn the power back on to the furnace. Does the furnace respond?