Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a viesman boiler, model 100-W. In the past month in

Customer Question

I have a viesman boiler , model 100-W. In the past month in Maine my propane bill has gone up 45% in very mild weather. Previous bills 95-125/mo. I have radiant heat first floor in slab, baseboard second floor, 1700 SF with up to date insulation , walls & ceileings. Last winter (bitter cold) monthly bill was around $100. Also my garage is on the same slab and my garage which does not have a designated zone and usually runs in low 50's is now running 68-72. House is set at around 70. Costing me big bucks. Help @!!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Ok, first you garage should be on it's own zone even if you didn't have his problem. That by itself could resolve your problem. Has the temp in the zone that has your garage been running warmer than normal? Has the tempering valve/water temp for the radiant been checked?