HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a furnace. I had a flashing 33 code. It said to check

Customer Question

I have a Bryant furnace. I had a flashing 33 code. It said to check for a clogged filter. I did find a clogged filter and I tried to reset the 'flame roll out sensor'. I think I found it and pressed it, but no luck. Still no heat.
Thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Ok there are more than one rollout did you find all three? One does not have a reset button on it and you may have to wait until it cools down or jumper out the two wires to it to see if it is open. Can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only found one, and the diagram didn't indicate there are three. I can give you the model number of the Bryant furnace.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes if you have it great or a picture of the wiring diagram would help there are more than one on all furnaces

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Bryant model # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem: The blower is blowing, but no heat. No flame in the window at the top of the furnace inside the cover. When checking the filter I found it very clogged.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes one of the high limits is burned out for sure...Do you see one that looks like this

CLICK HERE

Or just follow the wiring from the one you tried to reset it goes to the other ones they are daisy chained together for the circuit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would that part be located? What do you mean 'burned out'? Could a clogged filter cause this? Is this something that can be manually reset or do I need to replace a part?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Also you can connect the two wires to each of those rollouts together to bypass it. Some can be reset and others are suppose to auto reset but may not like the one I linked you. They should be near or around the burner area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in series with the manual flame roll out switch is an auto-reset limit switch (according to the diagram). However, I can't see the limit switch as it is behind an assembly.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is the one that is burned out it is hard to get at on some units and Bryants are sometimes a pain, you will need to replace that one to get it working again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, i'll try that.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to replace that piece and make sure that is it before I can rate...
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You can just jumper connect the two wires to it to test it and see then please rate me before leaving thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay will try that....
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

thanks