airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an err 87 on a Trane XC95m furnace. Is this something

Customer Question

I have an err 87 on a Trane XC95m furnace. Is this something i can reset or do I need a professional in?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

The XC95M is a pretty complicated piece of equipment and operates with what is considered a "communicating thermostat" rather than a conventional thermostat.Probably not going to be a lot you can do without being a Trane certified technician.If you can give me model on thermostat I can tell you what the error code means.

Tell me if this looks like the thermostat you have

http://www.rayocook.com/documents/TCONT900.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** what the code means. I'll call an expert in.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate

If error code is for the flame rollout as the manual I have shows on thermostat listed, you can look above burners for a small rollout with a reset button in center and see if it will push in and reset.

http://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** getting taken back to earlier screens. I will not rate you down, but will ask for a refund. The system did not work for me. I gave up a while back.

Not a problem, Thanks again