Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. I have a Rodgers Model# 1F78

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a White Rodgers Model# ***** thermostat which I am replacing with a Nest 3rd generation thermostat. The Nest thermostat is supposed to be testing the heating, but nothing is happening, so I'm wondering if my wiring is wrong.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The wires on the White Rodgers thermostat were connected as follows: - White wire to W, red to RC, yellow to Y, green to G. I've connected them to the Nest as: white to W1, yellow to Y1, red to RC, and Green to G. I have a Honeywell gas forced air furnace (house a year old, so all pretty new). The Nest seemed to set up fine, recognized the wires as I'd set them up, but the furnace isn't kicking in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I don't mind paying if I get a positive result
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 10 months ago.

hello, I'm Kevin, one of the Tech's here on JA.......

give me just a minute or two to see if I can help you........

let me know if your here. I will go into more detail.

Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Lets start by moving the R wire over to RH instead of RC and see if this makes a difference.