Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just replaced an R7184B in my heating oil furnace with an

Customer Question

Customer: I just replaced an R7184B in my heating oil furnace with an R7284B,P,U,G and the furnace still won't light. The unit screen says "standby" and I notice the instructions have in Installer set up where you set everything such as "valve on delay", etc. They have pictures of screens with certain settings in the instructions but I don't know if those are what I should set to or just examples
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Previously, there was 120ACV going to the old controller but the indicator light would not even come on indicating that it was probably blown. Now I have the new controller I think I need to know what to set all of the settings to for it to fire up the ignitor. The previous controller, which was ten years old, had no screen and no settings.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Never ran our of oil or turned off the oil valve so I don't think that is an issue.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have leads on L1, L2 & Limit? Did you try pushing the reset button?