BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Al I have a gf 3800 monitor heater w error code 13 and I

Customer Question

Hey al I have a gf 3800 monitor heater w error code 13 and I noticed the igniter has a spark on the outside on the burner pot sent it for service and it runs fine on propane bring back try to start it using natural gas and it will not ignite
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

I apologize your question has not been picked up yet. I just logged on and saw the question still open.

If you still need help use REPLY.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
U have not answered the question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure what is going on but they better not b charging me anything till you provide me w some type of service u have provided me nothing just 4 get it just ask is a rip off u charge me I ll be complaining to the b b b

I am afraid you are misunderstanding my intent.

I am a tech that does this part time after my main job.

I logged on and saw your question was still open.

I asked if I could still help you....thats it. No negative motive.

If you no longer need help I am more than happy to forward to customer service and close out for you.

I was only trying to assist. I realize when I take the older questions that everyone did not get to that there may be some negative feelings....but I also feel that you deserve a response to at least see if you still need help.

If you want help let me know or if you want closed I forward immediately to customer service

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just make sure I'm not charge for this bull I did not get anything from it and that is what is worth it to me nothing

No problem. I am accustomed to a more positive experience anyway.

Just a tip though.....you say they ran it on propane which 10.5 inches water column with different valve and orifices...then you say you brought it back to run on natural gas....makes no sense...the unit can not run on both. It must be converted to run on one or the other.

Never heard of such a situation in 20 years of running it on both...natural gas is only 3.5 inches water column. If you are running a LP unit on natural gas you will ruin the unit.

If it started at 10.5 " then it sounds like a pressure issue.

Now speaking of bull....running this unit on LP at one place and natural at another?? I think you better have someone better suited mechanically service the unit for you. The information you provided is viable information at all.

This is a very easy unit to work on and not real technical at all...if you have spark...and you fuel....then it is a pressure concern.

I will forward to customer service right now.

Charge? - Nothing

My advice - Free

My recommendation - have someone who knows what their doing actually see the unit and work hands on. WITH THE RIGHT FUEL

I wish you the best and I am sending to customer service as fast as I possibly can!