HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a pressuretrol control on a steam boiler it's set at

Customer Question

I have a pressuretrol control on a steam boiler it's set at 9 pounds with a six pound differential it cuts off at 9 but comes on at 7. I replaced the pressuretrol with a new one and it worked fine for about 3 weeks then started cutting off at 9 and back on at 7 like the original one did, I also replaced all pipes going to controls and gauges also the guage
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

You may have a new defective pressure control or you have a restriction to the control, you should double check all the piping again going to the control if you have a blockage that will cause that issue, other than that maybe just a bad new control..there is just not much else that would cause that issue at all.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the third controller i've tried with same results.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok then you have some sort of blockage as nothing else would cause that issue, you may have a scaled up system causing the issue.