Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have an issue with a York model no is ZF102C00N2AAB7. Heat

Customer Question

Have an issue with a York model no is ZF102C00N2AAB7. Heat strips back fed through mv wire and burnt board. They sent me new board with details on cutting the mv wire and installing new program to board. Before the problem was heat strips on but no fan. Now it's fan only and no strips. Even when I try to jump out still says somethings "fan only". I have three unit on top of dollar general and all are doing something. Pls help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Sounds like lightning strike damage to me.

Send me some photos of that damage, some close ups and some from 5 feet away so that I can put them into perspective.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No dude. It's a recall from factory. They are closed today and can't get them on phone. Was hoping someone on here knows about it and are familiar with the steps to be taken.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, no recall for that model number comes up online. Maybe you transposed a zero for an 'o' or some such in the model number. or an 'l' for a one etc,

Even with a recall however it would be unusual that all 3 systems would be affected, for most recalls less than 5 or 10% of the systems actually see damage.

We have several York dealers here, and I notice that none of the picked up your question... its possible that York is not advertizing its recall. but that too is unusual.

If you can send some pictures I can be more explicit,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well maybe they don't want it known but they they have one. They told me that every serial number I gave was included in the problem. It would have been a heck of a lot easier if you hadn't wasted my money by replying to something you know nothing about. Just like a engineer wants to argue about what's wrong when in telling you somethings wrong.