HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My York Diamond 80 will not ignite. No flame whatsoever just

Customer Question

My York Diamond 80 will not ignite. No flame whatsoever just the motor going on and off.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked the ignitor on the unit to see if it is broken?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's not working also.

OK does the exhaust motor come on? If so can you check and see if the ignitor is getting power with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The motor comes on but still no flame. I have no volt meter.

OK if that fan comes on and runs for a bit then tries again I believe the ignitor is likely bad or broken, can you take it out and check it? If not you will have to either get a volt meter or check it as there is really not much else you can do to get it running otherwise. It was common for that ignitor to break on that unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks